Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Birthday, Shakespeare!

It's funny because I decided to look up funny and unique holidays for this week and came across, none other than, Shakespeare's birthday.  But an interesting thing that I noticed upon further research is that the internet is confused.  I found some sites stating that he died on April 23rd and that his birthday is actually on the 26th.  But some swear that he was born on the 23rd.  Either way, I'd like to take a moment to wish my Homeboy Will a Happy Birthday.




While I can't say that I have really ever read his work-except my senior year of high school when we studied MacBeth-I thoroughly enjoy so many of his famous quotes; my favorite being: 

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here".  

I, oftentimes, find myself trusting people even when they are already preceded with an untrustworthy reputation.  I really like to think of myself as really giving everyone a fair chance before I make any judgements on their character, but this truly allows me to become susceptible to having my feelings hurt, or even my heart broken, when I find out their former reputations happen to be true.  Sometimes I really need to remember that there are people out there to get me and I shouldn't really ever be off my guard in order to keep myself protected.

Thanks, Bill, for the beautiful work and all the life lessons you instilled within them. RIP 

No comments:

Post a Comment