Wednesday, February 26, 2014

my Elie Saab-story.

The Spring 2014 Elie Saab Ready-to-wear show was one of my favorite shows of this past Fashion Week. I am absolutely in love with every single piece and AM SAABBING BECAUSE I CANT AFFORD ANY OF IT.

One day, Kaylin. One day....

So much lace and floral appliques were dealt with on a lot of his pieces in this collection. It kind of gave me a little bit of a Valentino feel-of course anything with lace on it automatically screams Valentino to me-but Elie Saab's pieces really rebranded lace for me. Another thing that I love that was incorporated were the functional pockets. Things that were more "flowy" on the bottom were made functional. That was really awesome to see. Beautiful silhouettes and structures given by the angular and intersecting lines across a lot of the pieces helped keep them structured among all of the frill of the lace. The intersecting lines are definitely give the collection a brand recognition.

So, basically I want everything included in this collection, but, for now, I can't wait to see which pieces might be featured on the Red Carpet this Sunday at the Oscar's!

Thought I would share my enthusiasm for the collection, so here is the video of the show. I hope ya'll love it as much as I did!

Beautiful job once again, Elie Saab. Not that you even NEED my praise.



No comments:

Post a Comment